22/08/19 03:54 UTC-5
Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has found miningMining
– is a type of activity for creating new blocks in the Blockchain to ensure proper system operation.
Details equipment at the South Ukraine Nuclear Power Station. Security officers suspect employees of the National Guard of Ukraine of unauthorized installation of equipment. They can face up to 8 years in prison.
Ukrainian nuclear power plants mine cryptocurrency
InternetUA claims to have gotten acquainted with the court documents of the Central District Court of Mykolaiv oblast. It is clear from them that the SBU has started a criminal procedure for illegal mining of cryptocurrencies at the enterprises of the South Ukraine Nuclear Power Station and Energoatom.
Interesting in the section: AIOminer – a universal solution for cryptocurrency mining
As the investigators suggest, the military guards of the National Guard of Ukraine (who were supposed to guard the restricted area) were engaged in illegal mining.
- According to the SBU, the mining equipment was connected to the Internet, which resulted in the leakage of information about the NPP protection systems. This information is a state secret, and its disclosure leads to criminal liability.
- On July 10, the Security Service of Ukraine conducted searches at two NPPs and military unit 3044, where the National Guard is based.
- Security officers found 27 video cards, 4 power supplies, 3 system units, and other equipment. The SBU claims that it was used to mine cryptocurrencies illegally.
- Under Article 238 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine, one can get from 2 to 5 years in prison for the illegal disclosure of state secrets. If the disclosure has caused grave consequences, the term can change up to 8 years.
Editor: Godfrid Brower
See also: “Chinese mining companies suffered during landslides”